Monday, February 12, 2007

The Black Army Boots





there has been much
lying farce act hypocrisy

there has been much
blood gore murder war death

there has been much
anger fear terror apprehension

there has been much
free thought locked up

there has been much
silencing of screaming tongues

but the faces still scream
the eyes still burn
the feet are still restless
the hands are still quivering to retaliate.


they burnt the face of my motherland
they said that I asked them to pour the acid
they said I respected their reason.

but how can I respect
their killing my brother?
mother father?
looting my home?
snatching my life?
crushing my dreams?
with their black army boots...

with their guns and bombs and tanks and planes
with their uniforms and their war-paint.

are they blind?
a child cannot fly a plane across the ocean
a child cannot build bombs to kill millions
a child can only run
when they bomb his family

but the child will grow up
and he will remember
what had been buried under the years
they will fear
for they had killed his innocence
when he was still a child

his eyes will burn
his hands will quiver to retaliate
he will swear
to crush their dreams,
like they had...
with their Black Army Boots

No comments: