Monday, February 12, 2007

Jailbreak


Its dark around, pain inside
somebody has chained me in a cell
four walls and three windows
the dark gray of gloom

the walls of reinforced expectation
the bars of unbreakable conditioning
the floor of impregnable societal farce
the roof of titanium pretension

open the windows
the moon drifts, its rays
slashed to pieces by metal bars
fall at my feet and hit my head

they give me hope,
strength, courage, but...
can hope, strength, courage...
make flesh break solid steel

close the windows
no moon, no stars, no ray of light
no hope, no strength, no courage
a placid solitude of a wait

for death? no...
I want to live,
wait for the promised sunrise
the jailbreak that will free all

deliverer, deliver; messiah preach;
prophet, show the way; somebody, anybody
come to the rescue
save us from the creator of this prison

does he even realize the torture on us
does he even have a name

wait! yes he does...
what does that plaque say
this prison created by:

'Myself.'

I laugh aloud, so loud
that the walls crumble
the bars melt, the roof gives in,
the earth shudders, in celebration.

who am I? I’m the walls,
I’m the windows, I’m the moon,
I’m the hope, I’m the messiah,
I’m the free, I’m the unlimited.

No comments: